December 3, 2010

My November Reads

All in all November was a good month. Yes, I had 2 books I couldn't finish but the rest was rather good. I just wish I would stop giving those DNF books so much time. I should stop reading them sooner but I'm, as always, just too nice. Here is what I read:

1. Salome at Sunrise by Inez Kelley (my review)
A wonderful heartfelt fantasy romance. I was a bit dissapointed to realize it was book 2 in a series but I loved it nonetheless. Salome at Sunrise is a real pageturner. The world building is perfectly done and Ms Kelley's writing is instantly compelling. You will devour page after page without noticing how much you already read. Highly recommended fantasy romance! Now I just need to find the time to read book 1. 

2. Inside Out (Brown Siblings, #3) by Lauren Dane (my review)
I waited so long for this latest addition to this series and Cope and Ella didn't dissapoint. Inside Out made my heart melt- it gives you this wonderful warm feeling deep inside. It's full of family and friends, love and compassion. An emotional read through and through. For me Lauren Dane's Brown Siblings novels are forever seated on my keeper shelf and I know I will re-read their stories again and again. Highly recommended read- I adore this book with all my heart!


3. The Company of Fools by Annemarie Hartnett (my review)
I'm so happy Annemarie asked me to read her book. Her writing is hilarious and sexy as hell. The Company of Fools is such a wonderful read. I loved the characters, the pace was perfect and the sex was intoxicating. I don't think I can say one bad thing about it- this novel is an absolute keeper. Ms Hartnett is definitely an author I will keep my eyes open for- I'm already craving more.
 

4. Hands On by Christina Crooks DNF
This book was definitely not made for me. We have puppets on strings, a puppeter, a "crazy" brooding and filthy rich hero and reanacting of scenes with the afore mentioned puppets. I couldn't take it. And this book made me feel stupid because it made me look up words, in a dictionary. Didn't do that in quite some time.


5. Dark Road to Darjeeling (Lady Julia #4) by Deanna Raybourn DNF
I really  hoped I would like this book. I read some rather good reviews about it but I think I'm just not made for mysterie. For my taste the pace was  too slow, too much talking and not enough action and I didn't really get the romance between the hero/heroine. Probably also because I haven't read the prior books. Don't judge this book cuz I couldn't read it- it was an experiement and now I know I don't like mystery. =(

6. Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10) by Kresley Cole
I was unsure if I would love this book as much as love the ones with the Lykae or Valkyrie but no worries, I did. Again this book is full of fun, wit, love and heartbreak. I can't believe how much I love this series and I can't wait to read regin's book. *fangirl squeeeee*


7. This is What I Want by Megan Hart 
An absolute pleasure read a lazy Sunday. started the book and put the ereader down after a few hours with a satisfied smile. Great pace, naughty story and sweet end. Nothing more to ask for in a novella.


8. Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren #1) by Tracey O'Hara (my review)
Wow this book was a blast. I wasn't prepared for it at all. Night's Cold Kiss is an urban fantasy novel with an awesome world-building, captivating characters and a fast paced story. Night's Cold Kiss is urban fantasy at its best and it even has a bit of romance to sweeten the deal. I can't wait to read more.


9. Black Wings (Madeline Black #1) by Christina Henry (my review)
This book has one of the best sidekicks ever: Beezle- the  chocolate and popcorn addicted Gargoyle with a temper. Loved it!

Black Wings is a wonderful debut novel. It showed me why I love urban fantasy-  wonderful world-building, witty and funny convos and a sexy guy who leads through the story. I can't wait to get my hands on Black Night, book 2 in this series.

10. Deadlock (Southern Arcana #3) by Moira Rogers
First thing I have to say: Alec!!!! *fangirl squeeee* Oh this was was soooooo good and I know I'm an evil tease but I won't say more now, or perhaps just OMG *fans herself* Review to come later in December. ;)



11. Precious and Fragile Things by Megan Hart 
You perhaps noticed how much I adore Megan's books but I was a bit unsure about this one. Can I adore a book with romance she wrote as much as the smutty ones? Yes I can..This story really broke my heart and made me cry in public but I still love it. Will force BF to read it too. Review will be up a bit closer to the release date. =)
How was your November? Any good books I should check out ASAP?

2 comments:

Blodeuedd December 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Wasn't demon from the dark just so yummy, loved it

Julia Barrett December 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

You got quite a bit of reading done! I'm impressed.
I still have to get to The Company of Fools. In my TBR pile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP